Mon – Sun: 9.00 am – 8.00pm
Hollywood Bicycle Accident Lawyer Represents Injured Cyclists
SKILLED ATTORNEY SEEKS COMPENSATION FOR FLORIDA BIKE RIDERS HURT IN ACCIDENTS
Bicycling can be a fun and healthful activity, but sharing the road with larger vehicles driven by sometimes negligent motorists carries risks, and bicycles offer little protection from injury when an accident occurs. If you are hurt in a bicycle accident, the Law Offices of James Jean-Francois, P.A. in Hollywood provides personalized attention and dedicated representation while seeking the full, fair compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage and other losses.
KNOWLEDGEABLE ATTORNEY UNDERSTANDS HOW BICYCLE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN
Bicycle accidents can have different causes in different scenarios, with different assessments of fault. Here are some of the most common:
- A cyclist riding in front of a vehicle that has the right of way, which is likely to be considered the cyclist’s fault
- A car driving into a cyclist who has the right of way, which is likely to be the driver’s fault (although both might be considered at fault if the cyclist is riding against the traffic)
- A car making a left turn at an intersection into a cyclist who is approaching the intersection from the opposite direction, which is likely to be considered the driver’s fault
- A car turning right at an intersection into a cyclist who is riding alongside him, which is likely to be the driver’s fault
- A cyclist hitting a road hazard, such as a pothole or abandoned rails, which could be the fault of the agency responsible for maintaining the roadway or creating the hazard
If you are a cyclist involved in an accident, I will work to determine who is at fault and, if you have a personal injury case, represent you in a suit against the negligent driver.
SKILLED LITIGATOR FIGHTS FOR COMPENSATION FOR BIKE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Cyclists involved in accidents can suffer a range of injuries, including:
- Head trauma, such as skull fractures, concussions, brain contusions and brain hemorrhage
- Facial fractures, contusions and broken teeth
- Rib fractures and lung injuries
- Lacerations and ruptures of internal organs
- Other fractures, dislocations and strains in various parts of the body
If you are injured in a bike accident involving someone else’s negligence, I will seek damages through a settlement or in court that fully address your losses.
PROVEN ADVOCATE RECOMMENDS SAFETY TIPS TO AVOID CYCLING ACCIDENTS
There are simple steps that cyclists can take to reduce the chance they become involved in an accident. These safety tips include the following:
- Maximize your visibility, adjusting your position to give motorists the best view of you.
- Never ride against the traffic.
- Watch out for and obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Keep a proper lookout for other traffic.
- Make sure you always observe motorists’ rights of way.
- Adjust your speed at an intersection so that you can stop quickly if necessary.
- Never pass a car on the right at intersections or near driveways.
- Avoid a car’s blind spot when approaching from behind or while waiting at traffic lights.
- Always give yourself more than enough time to get out of the way of an approaching motor vehicle.
While you can take steps to reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident while cycling, you can’t control the actions of others you share the road with. If you’re injured in a bike accident, I am ready to give you the personalized attention and quality legal representation you deserve.
Contact a Hollywood bicycle accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation
The Law Offices of James Jean-Francois, P.A. provides trustworthy legal advice and skilled litigation services for people injured in bicycle accidents in the Hollywood, Florida area. To schedule a free consultation, call 954-780-8505 or contact us online. My office is conveniently located at 6100 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 211, between Florida’s Turnpike and South State Road 7.